Friday, July 10, 2015

Asia trip - July 2015


Abu Dhabi aiport, UAE, July 10, 2014, c. 9pm

Very smooth relaxing 7h Ethiad flight from Dublin to Abu Dhabi. Read a lot and did a good deal of catching up on sleep. Good food too, at least by the standards of airline cuisine.  Ultra modern airport here. I should have stayed over for the night in Abu Dhabi to have a look around the next day. Next time.

Suddenly in the middle of the flight my phone went. I was startled. I had forgotten to switch it off and someone from the UK who wanted to sell me something called when I was high up over Istanbul. It was quite possible to send text messages too and I did but they were quite expensive as I soon found out. One could also purchase wifi connection for a few hours or for the entire flight (at a quite reasonable price I thought). Very convenient though being able to relax and read and sleep without being 'connected' isn't a bad thing either. So I gave in-flight wifi a miss.


Three hours until the flight to Bangkok departs. Getting tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment