Saturday, July 18, 2015

Asia trip - July 2015


Bangkok, July 17, 2015

Relaxing day. Went to the pool, did some washing, went to a couple of markets and enjoyed some of the hustle and bustle of Bangkok's busy streets and alleys. And in the evening I went to China town for a meal. I had been there before quite a few years ago and thought I'd remember some of it but no way. I didn't recognize anything.

Wow, what a busy place that was. All of Bangkok seemed to have descended on China town. Long lines in front of many restaurants and millions of people everywhere and of course a multiple number of vendors offering their manifold wares, hoping to make a quick sale - and many did. I found a very good restaurant eventually and had a great meal.

Then back to the hotel to do some packing for the trip to Myanmar tomorrow. Unfortunately the taxi will call at 5am ....3 hours sleep as it turned out. Much too little.






No comments:

Post a Comment